What can I bring to Residential Treatment?
- Personal belongings (e.g. clothes, toiletries, family pictures)
- Portable electronic devices (e.g. DVD, CD, Blu-ray Players)
- Computer monitor
- Small stereo
What am I NOT allowed to bring with me?
- Drugs, Alcohol, or any illegal substance
- Weapons, like guns or knives
- Sexually explicit movies, pornographic images, anything depicting child molestation or abuse in any form (including on electronic devices)
- Hand or power tools, and tool boxes
- Personal furniture
- Signal boosters of any kind (including enhancing wireless signals)
- Small appliances, such as coffee makers or humidifiers
- Pets (including fish)
Do I need to pay to get help?
No! Generous grant funds cover the costs of treatment services for our clients.
Do you accept clients who are on Methadone or Suboxone?
Yes. We admit clients who are on medication-assist treatments such as opioid agonist therapy.
Is there a waitlist?
Our waitlist changes regularly. Please contact Admissions for more information.
How long Is the Residential Program?
A typical stay lasts between 10 and 13 months. Each client has a unique situation, and therefore, has a unique experience that is designed to maximize their opportunity to improve their lives.
Can I live at home while attending the residential program?
No. Our Residential Recovery Program is just that: a Residential Program. You must live in residence while participating in the program.
Am I allowed to work or go to school while attending the program?
No. This is a full time program, and while we understand that you want to turn your life around, this program takes 24/7 commitment. After six months, you will be able to discuss options with your assigned counsellor about work opportunities, but you will not be able to participate in daytime external activities until your core program requirements are completed.
Will I be allowed to leave the premises?
Yes. When you aren’t involved in any programming, you’re free to come and go. However, for the first 30 days, you are not allowed overnight pass privileges, and you will need to be accompanied by a senior resident when offsite.
Will my family be involved?
Each client’s situation is unique and the decision to involve family is up to you. . Family services can be accessed through our Outreach Program.